Miami Beach Celebrates the LBGTQ Community
Miami Beach today announced it will be offering a multitude of experiences catering to gay travelers from around the globe. Experiences include “hetero-friendly” hotels, a LGBTQ+ film festival and an iconic Miami beach Pride Parade. Miami Beach will be celebrating the gay community all 365 days of the year.
“Miami Beach has a long history of welcoming gay travelers and offering a variety of events, hotels, restaurants, bars and destinations that makes anyone in the LGBTQ community feel at home. More than 1.2 million LGBTQ travelers visit our destination each year and we are dedicated to continuing our concerted efforts to accommodate this coveted traveler segment through ongoing, city-wide initiatives.”
Travelers looking for a gay-centric stay on Miami Beach this year can choose from a number of Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority picks including:
What to Do:
- Princess, Out There (March 8) – The iconic duo will be premiering their live narrative video album that takes on cultural misogyny and the Divine Feminine at the Bass Museum.
- Winter Music Conference (March 25-28) – Check out Miami’s LGBTQ Underground Panel during the city’s premiere musical event, which provides the opportunity for music lovers from all over the globe to gain industry insights, and connect with other music lovers, all while enjoying beautiful Miami Beach.
- 11th Annual Miami Beach Pride Parade (April 7-8) – The mission of Miami Beach Pride is to bring together members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community, their friends, allies, and supporters in celebration of the unique spirit and culture of the LGBTQ community.
- Outshine Film Festival (Starts April 18) – The biannual film festival highlights the local LGBTQ+ community. With film screenings and events throughout the city, it’s a can’t miss event to celebrate contemporary and classic queer cinema.
Where to Stay:
- Axel Hotels – The internationally renowned LGBTQ hotel brand will call Miami Beach home in 2019, the chain’s first US location, that will include a destination restaurant, spa and community experiences.
- Hotel Gaythering – This award-winning, iconic gay-owned hotel in Miami Beach is a boutique destination with “handsome industrial” design. Fully equipped for gay vacationers and locals alike with amenities such as an onsite gay bar with daily events and weekly specials, and clothing-optional, men-only gay sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room.
Where to Eat + Drink:
- Front Porch Café – Stop by this beloved gay-owned institution that has been serving up the best breakfast in town for over 20 years and don’t miss the iconic pancakes.
- Palace Bar – Brunch on the weekends is destination event on Ocean Drive and Palace Bar brings out all the stops with their legendary bottomless brunch + live drag shows.
- Big Pink –Located South of Fifth, the restaurant is an all-hours scene for anyone looking for a retro diner experience to recover after a late night out.
- Icebox Cafe – a staple on Miami Beach for 20 years, this gay-owned culinary destination offers up breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner and is even home to Oprah’s favorite chocolate cake.